School Admission Requirements
- A completed student application.
- The student must show evidence of high school graduation, completion of a General Equivalency Diploma, a college transcript or have earned a diploma at a foreign high school that is equivalent to a U.S issued diploma.
- Have evidence that verification of a foreign student’s high school diploma has been performed by an outside agency that is qualified to translate documents into English and confirm the academic equivalence to a U.S. high school diploma.
- Students applying for programs that do not are approved for receiving Title IV and HAE Programs and do not have a high school diploma or its equivalent may be admitted upon demonstrating the ability to benefit from the training offered. This can be demonstrated by successfully attaining a score of 200 on the Verbal form and a 210 for the mathematics form on the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test (BST) (Latin Beauty Academy does not accept applicaticants using Ability To Benefit (ATB)as a proof for high school for programs approved for receiving Title IV and HEA programs. This requirement has exceptions for prospective students, who took the Ability To Benefit (ATB) test, before 2012 and they are applying for academic programs approved for Title IV and HEA programs (Financial Aid). Please read below (*)
- Our institution follows the Rule 6E-2.004(4) (j), Florida Administrative Code allowing for transfer of credits to occur through challenge examinations or standardized tests demonstrating learning at the credential level in specific subject matter areas as well as prior learning, as validated, evaluated and confirmed by qualifies instructors at the receiving institution.
- If an applicant is unable to achieve the minimum acceptable score on the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test , the student may reapply for admission within 30 days and retake the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test.
- Applicants must have at least 18 years of age to attend without parental approval. If the student is under the age of 18, only will be accepted with or more than 17 years and 9 months and a parent or guardian must enroll and sign by the applicant.
- Complete Student Enrollment Agreement. (For students who are 17 years and 9 months of age prior to enrollment must have a parent and/or legal guardian sign the Enrollment Agreement.
- All applicants must provide a photo identification card.
- Submission of Public Release Form/Emergency Contact (applications will be completed at the school.)
- Latin Beauty Academy applies the Institution Transfer Student Policy reserving the right to accept or deny the transferring in of clock hours/credits received from another school. The academic department, under the Director of Education discretion, will grant credit for prior training that was taken within five years. Proof of prior training must be shown. The director of the school must evaluate the student before allowing entry. A $150 application fee is payable in advance of the testing. The cost of the clock hours needed to complete the program will be pro-rated depending on the program. No more than 50% of the total program clock hours will be transferred from other institution. The clock hours completed from another institution as from our own institution will be validated if said courses fall within the mandatory Florida Department of Education guidelines for that specific course. There must be a signed letter from the director and/or head of admissions from the other institution indicating the students accumulated credits and/or clock hours along with a transcript. Students who transfer out of Latin Beauty Academy to another institution may receive their transcripts reflecting their clock hours and grades, providing that all financial obligations to Latin Beauty Academy have been met by the students. The acceptance of the transfer of clock hours is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
- Transfer Courses (under SAP Policy): Transfer Courses will be represented with the abbreviation (TRA), which will be officially used in all documents as needed. Students will receive acknowledgement of “TRA” for courses taken at another institution that are being transferred for required courses at Latin Beauty Academy. The designation of “TRA” has no effect on the student’s cumulative GPA and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). However, acknowledgement of “TRA” is added to hours attempted within the specified minimum time frame. The institution will review corresponding clock hours for any student who wishes to transfer clock hours from another institution. There must be a signed letter from the Director of Education and/or Director of Admissions from the other institution indicating the student’s accumulated clock hours, along with a transcript. After reviewing the documentation, Latin Beauty Academy will grant clock hours for prior training that was taken within five years. Proof of prior training must be shown. Transferred hours are counted as both attempted and completed hours for the purpose of determining when the allowable maximum time frame has been exhausted. SAP evaluation periods are based on actual contracted hours at the institution.
- Latin Beauty Academy allows for transfer of credits to occur through challenge examinations or standardized tests demonstrating learning at the credential level in specific subject matter areas as well as prior learning, as validated, evaluated and confirmed by qualifies instructors at the receiving institution.
- Re-Entry: A student who has been terminated or withdrawn may reapply to Latin Beauty Academy in the same SAP status as when the student was withdrawn and/or terminated. At that time, the student’s academic records will be evaluated in order to determine if it possible for a cumulative grade point to be achieved and for the program to be completed within the maximum time frame of 150%. Returning students will be charge a $60.00 re-entry fee. After being readmitted to Latin Beauty Academy, any student not earning a 2.0 and completing 67% of the clock hours attempted each month thereafter will be academically dismissed from the institution. Furthermore, the institution will apply the current costs for the programs, learning materials (including kits), or other changes approved by the institution at the re-entry time.
*Students who were enrolled in a Title IV program prior to July 1, 2012 and were eligible for aid under the old ATB provisions retain their eligibility regardless of whether they are in a career pathway program. For students who establish Title IV eligibility under an ATB alternative, our school have to obtain or be in the process of obtaining documentation necessary to support his/her eligibility. Therefore, no further high school completion documentation should be needed from the student. (This aspect (*) were took from the USDOE Handbook)
LATIN BEAUTY ACADEMY WILL KEEP RECORDS OF PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS DENIED ADMISSION FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR. PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS, WHO WERE DENIED ADMISSION AND WOULD LIKE TO VIEW THEIR FILE, MAY SUBMIT A WRITTEN REQUEST. ACCESS TO VIEW THE FILE WILL BE GRANTED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE REQUEST. APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE A SCHOOL CATALOG UPON COMPLETION OF ENROLLMENT AND A HADOUT WITH THE POLICIES FOR THE SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS.